Only the Best Dessert EVER
A few years ago (5, to be exact), I tasted the yummiest dessert on the planet. It should come as no great surprise that it was discovered at a church function, handcrafted by one of the founding members of our congregation in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, Craig doesn't really like this dessert (fortunately for my waistline) so I don't make it very often. Well, I made a pan of them last night for our neighborhood ladies group meeting- yes, I live in THAT kind of neighborhood- and there were leftovers! Hallelujah!
As I sit here and enjoy my mid afternoon snack, I thought I'd share the recipe with you while I'm at it. They're easy and seriously SO delicious (no baking required).
3 wrapped packs from a box of Waverly Club crackers, or other buttery club crackers
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Coat 9x 13 pan with Pam, line with a single layer of crackers.
- Combine butter, sugars, graham cracker crumbs, and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue boiling 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 sauce over layer of crackers in pan. Place another layer of crackers over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over this layer. Place 3rd layer of crackers over sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate and butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Cook over medium-low heat until melted, mixing til smooth. Pour over crackers.
- Refrigerate til hardened. Cut into squares with a sharp knife. Best to keep refrigerated.