In My Thirties
A friend of mine posted a similar list on Facebook regarding the things that she wanted to do before she turned 30. In honor of my BIG 3-0 birthday today, I’ll share my list with you. Some are big, some are small, but all are things that I’d like to do, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Without further ado…
- Run a marathon. Yes, a full marathon. Not a half. TWENTY SIX POINT TWO full miles.
- Draw or paint something, and then frame, mat and hang it somewhere in our house. I used to draw a lot. When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to be an art teacher. Craig even got me a really nice easel, sketch pad and charcoals one year for Christmas. I haven’t used them since that first year he got them for me, but they have made the moves with us and are now sitting in our crawl space under the stairs. Time to remember the creative aspects of myself.
- Complete a Crown Financial course. We aren’t terrible with money (my husband IS an accountant) and we tithe, but I’ve wanted to take one of these classes for a while now. I think this is something I’m called to do.
- Sonoma Wine Tour. ‘nuff said.
- Learn to play the piano. Not just the self-taught kind of learning, but the taking lessons and can actually play a piece that requires both hands kind of learning.
- Complete a Century Bike Ride.
- Host a fondue party.
- Sing Handel’s Messiah.
- Go Christmas Caroling in our neighborhood.
- Go camping. Real camping: sleeping in a tent and cooking over a wood fire, not parking the RV somewhere.
- Go horseback riding in a scenic location.
- Go snorkeling.
- Volunteer at a food pantry.
- Do something radically different with my hair. For pretty much my whole life, I’ve had the same, boring hairstyle.
- Host a foreign exchange student or missionary.