I do it just about every year, so here we go:
- Learn to play the piano
- Run a marathon
- Get plugged in to a women’s bible study or fellowship group
- Take a vacation with only Craig
And the outcome of last year's resolutions?
- Run a 5K by mid-year- CHECK! Ran a 5K (very, very slowly) on 4th of July
- Complete a sprint triathlon- NOPE. I ran a half marathon instead. There just wasn’t time to train with Craig’s cancer diagnosis.
- Take lots of photos of Truman's first year (minimum of monthly photo sessions)- CHECK! And darnit, he’s the cutest little guy.
- Find ways to keep the romance alive in my marriage- um? Half check? We’re still working on finding balance between family and couple time.
- Stay sane- CHECK!
Well, 3.5 of 5 isn't horrible. And the cancer diagnosis certainly threw a huge wrench in to a lot of my (and our) plans. It's been a while since I could really say with conviction that I'm thrilled to see the past year gone and am looking forward to 2010 with an optimist's eye and a faithful heart.